Sunday, June 28, 2009

Going Home

I have been in the USA for 3 months setting up a non profit organization with several Americans. My friends who are help me have visited or lived in Rocinha for sometime. So our organization is with people who know what life is about in favelas and Rocinha.

We call our organization Rocinha Arts and Culture Institute (Instituto de Arte e Cultura da Rocinha). Our organization will provide classes in anything art related from dance, drawing and even martial arts like jiu jitsu and capoeira!

My friend Andy build our new site, it is in the beginning stages and will develop over time as our organization grows. I am really happy about this becase I am able with the help of others to bring some much needed help to Rocinha.

Eventually we will have volunteer visitors come and offer help by being guest teachers! I have already receved many emails about this. After the PAC project or (reurbinization project) is finished we will lok to buy a building in Rocinha where our arts can have a "home".

Please check out our website: www.rocinharts.org

I have some other news that I will release when the time is right. With my business proposal, I hope to employ many people in Rocinha and in this way for me, is the best way to give back to the community that gave me so much!

Please come back and send me your questions if you have any?

thank you friends for all your support!

Zezinho
rocinhajj@yahoo.com.br
or
visitrocinha@gmail.com